Photo contest: Enchanting Algae: Exploring the Captivating World of Aquatic Beauty
The Photo Exhibition is organized as part of the: "Extremophilic algae of thermal waters as a potential source of bioactive compounds" project, which is funded by the British Phycological Society, with the aim of popularizing algae, their diversity and importance.
Deadline for sending your photos is 31. August 2023
After the conclusion of the competition, the jury will select the photos that will be presented in the photo exhibition which will be held in September 2023 at the Institute of Botany and Botanical Garden "Jevremovac" Belgrade.
The jury consists of a phycologist, a professional photographer and a visual artist will select a maximum of 30 photos for the exhibition.
The authors whose photos are selected for the exhibition will receive the catalog of the exhibition in the online version and a symbolic gift from the organizers.
You don't have to be a phycologist to participate in this photo competition.
Upload your photo
- The photographer and copyright owner must be identified at the time of submission.
- Only one photography is allowed per person.
- There are no restrictions on approach or style; anything from a landscape photograph to an electron micrograph is permitted, so long as the phycological theme is obvious.
- Entries should be uploaded to the website at https://algaephotobelgrade.com. The filename of the entry should be the name of the photographer (e.g., Sanja_Sovran.tiff).
- Each submitted file must be a TIFF, JPEG or PNG with a maximum size of 30 MB and images that exceed this will not be uploaded to the website.
- The image must be capable of being viewed and printed at 20 x 30 cm without loss of image quality (minimum 300 DPI).
- Basic image enhancement (i.e., cropping, adjustment of contrast, colour balance etc) is permitted, along with focus stacking and stitching. However, excessive image manipulation is not acceptable.
- A title and a brief description (maximum: 100 words) should accompany the image. The description should include details of the subject matter and how the image was produced.
- The organizator reserves the right to use submitted images to publicise the competition on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook). Where possible, we will include the entrant’s Twitter/Instagram name and that of their institution in any posts.
Supported by:UNIVERSITY OF BELGRADE
FACULTY OF BIOLOGY